With my love of buttons still very much with me today, our first Crafty Friday project is a button project. I have hundreds, maybe even thousands of buttons, so the girls and I sat down one afternoon and made some button men!
Go grab your buttons from this post and lets begin:
- Start by making the legs of your button doll.
- Insert needle with embroidery floss through one hole on sixteen 1/2" buttons (aprox diametre measurement).
- Knot a small loop about 1/8" long on upper end of leg.
- Insert needle through remaining hole in reverse direction . Knot and trim ends.
- Repeat for other leg!
- For the arms preparing as above with 15 buttons
- Now lets make the head and hat.
- You will need the following:
- Insert needle through one hole on one 1" and one 1 1/2" button and a bead. This is the head and hat.
- Insert needle through 4 smaller buttons and 1 slightly larger button. DO NOT CUT THREAD
- Now to start putting all our limbs together.
- Insert needle through loop on upper end of each arm and one hole on remaining 12 1" buttons on body.
- Insert through loop on upper end of each leg
- Insert needle through remaining hole in reverse direction on body, back through arm loops and holes on neck, head and hat.
- Knot ends again 1-11/2" from previous knot, creating a loop for hanging.
- Finally trim all ends.
Please share your creations here on the Crafty Friday facebook page, I would love to see what you make.
If you love buttons with a difference, then go visit London at Such Sweet Tierney.
Back tomorrow with photos from a beautiful day at Hitchin Lavender Farm. Layout photos will be on the 8th August for my Nikki Sivils blog post.
Thanks for stopping by