Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Garden Update

blogged by me domestic goddess On 6/16/2009 11:37:00 PM
The beautiful weather lately, and the mix of rain showers last week has given the garden a burst of live and it is blooming in full colour at the moment.
This rose is my favourite in the garden at the moment. It has the most beautiful fragance and the blooms are huge!!

The vegetable patch is going great guns, although we did loose a few seedlings due to the weeds. From what I have read it can take 2 years to eradicate weeds from a new raised bed, which means we have a long way to go!
The lettuce is nearly ready to harvest, and have grown loads since these photos taken at the weekend, seriously!





The tomato plants are going great guns as well.




Here are the beans,




We lost a few peas, but i have replanted the ones Lilly started from seed in the green house so we are back on track with them.

We do also have carrots, potatoes, beetroot, peppers and some strawberries happily growing away.


The herbs from seed didn't work, so I am going to try again. My basil plant I bought is still going strong so I may but the supermarket plants and re pot outside.

Is anyone else doing homegrown veggies this year? What do you find works well? Any tips on growing winter veggies? I have only done tomatoes and lettuce for the summer, this is our first year taking things a bit more serious!


Nothing to do with veggies nor flowers, but so proud of Lilly; I had a phone call form her instructor today and he wants to put Lilly in for her first belt on July 5th!!!! Lilly is so excited!

Thanks for stopping by

Anna xx
PS: is anyone else having problems putting inamges into blogger posts at the moment??

4 Response to 'Garden Update'

  1. suebaru Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/06/garden-update.html?showComment=1245222246124#c2960020798882927890'> 8:04 AM

    My runner beans are bigger than yours !;)
    Go Lilly! xxx

     

  2. http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/06/garden-update.html?showComment=1245277507277#c8345215231860930272'> 11:25 PM

    Loving your garden updates!!! We're growing Lettuce, Tomatoes and Cucumbers for the first time, and also have a strawberry plant on the go too. WTG Lilly!!!!

     

  3. http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/06/garden-update.html?showComment=1245313398143#c4558580939754498879'> 9:23 AM

    We have tomatoes (with basil plants in between to keep the greenfly off), runner beans, peas and lots of herbs. We only have a very small patch of the shrub border to grow in at the moment so that's it for this year. Oh and 2 huge sunflowers in another patch too! But we are having real slug problems and they have already destroyed one of our bean plants :(
    Hoping to have some raised beds one day and then we can go for lettuce too. Not sure about winter veg - but reckon with a raised bed you can do just about any root veg you fancy!
    Loving the garden pics Anna - wish mine looked like that! :o)

     

  4. Sylvia Said,
    http://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/06/garden-update.html?showComment=1245949983347#c525626933981611212'> 6:13 PM

    Hi Anna

    Try curly kale, it is very easy to grow and very pretty while it is growing! There are also some cabbage varieties which you can plant in July and harvest throug to the Spring.

    Hope to be able to make a Sunday crop soon, holidays, family and a nasty bout of shingles has kept me away recently :-( When is the next one planned for?

    Sylvia