Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Provence Part 2

blogged by me domestic goddess On 4/28/2009 01:06:00 PM


I know I promised this ages ago, but I have been so so busy, seriously busy of late i don't know where the time is going!


Anyways, back to Provence....



Wednesday we woke up to beautiful blue skies again, and headed off to Fontaine de Vaucluse. Another beautiful village set at the bottom of the mountains with rapids and waterfalls, just stunning! We had our first crepe here too!

We spent most of the day here and then headed to Cavillon and the InterMarche to stock up on a few more necessities for dinners. The girls spotted the Golden Arches, but I had my foot firmly on the ground and no MacDonalds was to be consumed here!!!!





Thursday the weather was supposed to be rain, luckily it didn't but we were prepared and decided to head out into the car and tour some of the local villages we hadn't yet visited. We drove through Menerbes, where Peter Mayle's book "A Year in Provence" is based. WE stopped at Bonnieux where there are the most beautiful views of the Mont Ventoux( the largest mountain of the are where the French go skiing in the winter!).




Bonnieux reminded me of St Micheal's Mount in Cornwall. Beautiful gardens and walk up to the church at the top of the hill. The girls loved it here also and when we reached the "Mary" Lilly decided to pray for us all.......



Back down the hill and into the car for the drive back home. driving has its benefits and especially when the sat nav takes you a different way to the one you came, as we fell across Abbey Saint Helier, a privately owned Abbey with beautiful grounds and views across the Luberon. A lovely sensory garden and the largest Aloe Vera plant I have ever seen!






After our peaceful visit to teh Abbey we headed to Goult for a game of Boules, with our supermarket special set of Boules and lots of admiring looks from the locals!




Friday was our last day in Provence and we had decided to visit Avignon, once the home of the Pope. We drove to the outskirts of the wall, and made the walk to the inside and to the Palais de Pope and Petite Palais de Pope. On our walk to the square the town was adorned with Murals. These were amazing , and also these statues! How fun....


The Palais de Pope, did not disappoint us at all, and was vast and just jaw dropping





We ended our trip here with a drink at a bistro, although 15 euros for 4 x coco cola light was just a tad extortionate! In fact this was the downfall to the holiday, if I had to find one, was it is not cheap, and the euro/pound was dreadful didn't help the cost whilst we were here.

Overall , Provence is a beautiful area of France, one I would love to revisit in the summer, to see the vines and lavenders in full glory. We were not able to do any vineyards and tasting as we did have the girls with us at all times. This did not spoil our holiday at all, it was just as much fun doing wine tasting ourselves by the pool, LOL.
The star of the week for the girls had to be Lola, Catriona and Marcella's dog.



I hope I have given you just a little taster of my view of Provence. I have hundreds of photos as you can imagine.
Sorry it took me so long to update! I will be back tomorrow with a snapshot of The Scrapping Angels Retreat Weekend,
until then, thanks for stopping by

Anna x

4 Response to 'Provence Part 2'

  1. suebaru Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/04/provencale-part-2.html?showComment=1240939980000#c2198089724378504264'> 6:33 PM

    Gorgeous photos :) Are you sure we can't do the retreat there next year?!

     

  2. Anonymous Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/04/provencale-part-2.html?showComment=1240939980001#c1311031799793430816'> 6:33 PM

    It looks like a place I will visit one day!! beautiful!!!

     

  3. Dawn Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/04/provencale-part-2.html?showComment=1240944120000#c9209424170285249819'> 7:42 PM

    you make it feel kite we are there to :-))

     

  4. Sandie Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/04/provencale-part-2.html?showComment=1241024880000#c6481929264358856849'> 6:08 PM

    What a beautiful part of the world, your photos are amazing!!