Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Shabu Shabu

blogged by me domestic goddess On 9/22/2009 10:20:00 PM
Well my plans to return to the computer this afternoon never materialized, and now I am in bed trying to keep my eyes opened, so I can blog the weekend, before its the next weekend, LOL!



I seem to be so busy, I cannot remember the last time I actually came home from work and sat down! Every day for the past week I have had something on, or some where to go!


Yesterday was Izzy's birthday and I didn't even managed a birthday photo of her, I am absolutely gutted :(. My Izzy is now a very grown up 9 year old. She is having a party on Friday so I will make up for it then. She has 2 friends invited, with Frankie and Benny's for dinner, and then we are off to the cinema to see Fame! Then home for a slumber party....








Back to the weekend just gone! Peter and I were in London to see Ross Noble, a Geordie comedian, at The Apollo Theatre. We arrived in the afternoon to do a spot of shopping and to have dinner. We opted for China Town as it was just around the corner from the Theatre. We both love Japanese and decided on Sushi for dinner. But as we checked out the menu we spotted Shabu Shabu, that was being served upstairs.






Shabu-shabu (しゃぶしゃぶ, , also spelled syabu-syabu?) is a Japanese variant of hot pot. The dish is related to sukiyaki in style, where both use thinly sliced meat and vegetables, and usually served with dipping sauces. However, it is starkly different in taste as it more closely resembles its predecessor, the Chinese hot pot; shabu-shabu is more savory and less sweet than sukiyaki. It is considered a winter dish but is eaten year-round.

And a good Japenese meal has to be enjoyed with a good Japanese Beer!!



After our delicious meal we headed off for an evening of side splitting laughter with Ross Noble, we were not disappointed!

Sunday was crop day, and we had a little party for Sue's birthday. I managed to get nothing done as usual. I did teach a layout class using the new Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday ( layout to follow tomorrow).
Sunday also means Pencil Lines, and sketch 153 went live with Debbie Nicholas.




I used my Kenner Road kit for my layout. I love this photo of Lilly. My beautiful girl and her beautiful smile.






I am totally exhausted, and must apologize to my ladies doing the "Snapshot of my Life" as I haven't put this months prompt up! I am usually all ahead with the prompts, timed! This month has been hectic and emotional, not an excuse, I know.

Thanks for stopping by. I am hoping to find the energy to catch up on some jam and chutney making! Just received a huge bag of windfall apples!!

Hugs,
Anna xx

4 Response to 'Shabu Shabu'

  1. karen Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/09/shabu-shabu.html?showComment=1253657047031#c5702654175978555398'> 11:04 PM

    geordie comedien, i am impressed xx

     

  2. Ann Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/09/shabu-shabu.html?showComment=1253659202871#c6353662749273894867'> 11:40 PM

    Hello, great blog ! I have been looking trough your blog and I really like your work;

    greetings from Belgium,
    Ann

     

  3. Sandie Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/09/shabu-shabu.html?showComment=1253661689226#c5490448149272383513'> 12:21 AM

    Umm is that you in that pic........You look great hun x

     

  4. suebaru Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2009/09/shabu-shabu.html?showComment=1253805300902#c1147492238855732444'> 4:15 PM

    Love the lantern photos, but can I stick with the Golden Arches for lunch in October?! ;) !!