Photobucket'>http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/?action=view&current=smallad.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket'>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/blog/smallad.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

About Me

Married to my soulmate with 2 beautiful girls,and our English Springer Spaniel, Suki. Living a country life in Cambridgeshire, whilst baking, gardening, and photographing our daily lifes, where they find a place on my scrapbook pages.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0103-1.jpg

My little place on the web

This blog is just that, my little place on the web.You will find my daily (or not so daily, hehe)life, my love for my new vegetable garden, baking, photography and my scrapbooking!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0094.jpg?t=1280148371

My Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking is a way of life for me now.It has been for over 4 years. I love journaling, taking photos of my family and love colour and texture, these are all part of my everyday life and scrapbooking.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/poshtotty_2006/DSC_0025.jpg?t=1280148242

Challenges and Charity

blogged by me domestic goddess On 2/28/2007 11:16:00 PM
Busy day today. I was back at the school teaching scrapbooking to Year 2 and again it was greatly received. i have now been asked to teach year 3, a result! Also a girl from Year 2 bought in her scrapbook to show me after being inspired by my class, awww it really did bring a lump to my throat. I received a lovely thank you card from Year 2 Squirrels class signed by all the children. This really will be treasured.


Then this afternoon was Izzy's parents evening, and we are very proud of our little girl who received a glowing report from her teacher Mrs Bliss, i so love that name, lol.



Check thsi photo out, this is my Lilly with her craft box, crafting away to her hearts content. She took herself to the dining room and this is what I fond. Absolutley priceless.



And then in the other corner, Izzy preparing "kits" for fridays scrapbook class with the Badgers, Izzy's class.
And now to a charity close to my heart, the MS Society. Today I have taken the plunge to run a 5K race in September for MS. Now for someone who is overweight and extremely unfit this is one serious challenge. But, I have a great motivator and instructor by the name of Annie Hafermann who has given me my first goal to aim for and some great tips. I will be starting my training Saturday morning. I also know that Cath is running in the Race for Life 5K in the summer so I will be supporting Cath in her bid to get fit.
Whilst I am on the matter of Charity I have a plea for all those with business or items they no longer need.
As some of you are aware my father passed away 1 week before my first retreat last year in September, and I held a charity raffle to raise money for the MS Society. Your generosity allowed me to raise £100 from sales of raffle tickets. This year I know we can do better and I will be holding a Charity Auction at this years retreat in April. I already have items from Ali Edwards, Elsie Flannigan, Hedi Swapp to name just a few of the wonderful celebs that are helping me out. So once again I am asking for the generosity of you to donate to this very worthwhile charity.You can see a link to my fundraising page on the side bar. This is the money I have so far raised from last years raffle, MS star appeal at Christmas and general fund raising. I will also be holding several events throughout the year to add this fund, and finally I will be running a 5K run in September for MS. So hopefully you can see that I as well as all the wonderful generosity of everyone, I too am "doing my bit" Please email me if you would like to send something. Please put in the subject line "charity auction"

Many thanks for getting this far,every little helps.
And finally its challenge night.

Lets go and have a rummage in you ribbon boxes and be creative with ribbon. this is a LO I did a while back using ribbons. Post a link to your creations by Monday no later and I will pick a name out and send a scrumptious bag of pretty ribbons!!!!
Have fun

Hugs
Anna xx

6 Response to 'Challenges and Charity'

  1. suebaru Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172707800000#c8457910629248421065'> 12:10 AM

    Fab news about your classes!

     

  2. Anonymous Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172741940000#c7691605268586125964'> 9:39 AM

    That really is great to hear about your classes at the school :o)

    And bless little Lilly crafting away - too cute! :o)

    Good luck with the 5k race! I'm sure you will do amazing

    Love Gems xxx

     

  3. Jo Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172750520000#c3131261491714110232'> 12:02 PM

    How nice and thoughtful - makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. Gorgeous pic of Lilly as well btw!
    Well done on the 5k race - Im doing one in May (5k) for Cancer Research UK for my second year running ('scuse the pun!) When its for a charity that really means something to you, you just cant say no.

    Well done on the classes.
    Good Luck and stay creative!

    Joanne xx

     

  4. Anonymous Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172773740000#c1330879697790084174'> 6:29 PM

    Well proud of you hun and you know you have our full support!!

    Take it easy and don't over do it, build up gradually and do what Annie says!!

    Ali

     

  5. Anonymous Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172776440000#c2336380724173772628'> 7:14 PM

    Anna My Dear, you are going to do GREAT!!! It's a great challenge to take on and as I've told you....WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!
    Lots of Love!!

     

  6. Cath Said,
    https://scrappingtonight.blogspot.com/2007/02/challenges-and-charity.html?showComment=1172867520000#c507341672606717486'> 8:32 PM

    hey! with you all the way! I'm nearly 2.5 st overweight but hoping the training and the healthy eating will win the day!

    Go PL Girls Go!!!